Tuesday, April 28, 2009

WEAR A "CRAZY" HAT AT A PARTY



Time: 30.4.2009, 13:30
Place: Food court at Käpyrinne old folks home
Duration: 1,5 hours

1st of May in Finland is the day to party and wear hats. Since I was invited for a "crazy" hat party, I took what I had; my bike helmet. On the way there I found some wood anemone, the white spring flower, and put it in my helmet. I won the prize for the best hat because I brought the spring into the old folks home. Happy mayday!

PS: Before I had time to take pictures of me at the party, the battery went out, so I glued the picture of me and the hat on, afterwards.

3 comments:

  1. Nice hat, especially because of the anemones (kvitveis in Norwegian)! Here in Tromsø they do not grow wild, but where I grew up in Trøndelag, they were all over the forests in spring time, so they symbolise spring for me.
    Jorid

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing about that hat is that its also a safety hat - so if any of those energetic old people decided to tackle you - your had would have been safe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was supposed to be head :-)

    ReplyDelete